Planning the path of your Ancient History degree at Macquarie University can be difficult – there are a number of units and programs to choose from. Tele’s Angels has created a series of resources to assist you in choosing the right units for your chosen area of study. These include an Undergraduate Degree Planner, to help map out each year of your program, and a number of Area of Study Unit Lists (ASULs), which list all the units related to your interests (see Downloads below).
New to S2, 2014 are ASULs for the Bachelor of Archaeology, Bachelor of Hellenic Studies and Bachelor of Arts Ancient Languages major.
Planning your degree may involve the following:
- finding the requirements of your degree via the Course Handbook from the year you commenced your study
- referring to our Undergraduate Degree Planner resource (see Downloads below)
- looking at the relevant Area of Study Unit Lists (see Downloads below)
- viewing your Unofficial Academic Transcript via eStudent
- discussing your options with an Ancient History Academic Advisor
- checking out the resources on the Careers & Employment website
- visiting the Career Development Officers
- attending a Careers Fair
- exploring careers via an information interview with a person in a job, industry or organisation which interests you
Look out for the Tele’s Angels Degree Planning Announcement in your Week 12 lectures!
Download Resources from Session 2, 2014:
Roman History ASUL (727 downloads)
Egyptology ASUL (740 downloads)
Greek History ASUL (725 downloads)
Jewish & Early Christianity Studies ASUL (715 downloads)
Late Antiquity ASUL (719 downloads)
Near Eastern Studies ASUL (725 downloads)
Coptic Studies ASUL (692 downloads)
Ancient Chinese History ASUL (725 downloads)
Ancient Languages ASUL (703 downloads)
BArchaeology ASUL (700 downloads)
BHellenic Studies ASUL (687 downloads)
HOT TIP! When you are near completion of your program you will need to signal this to the university by filling out an “I Expect To Complete” form. Submission due dates depend on the graduation ceremony you are eligible to attend.